Elite Consulting Group in Indianapolis, IN is all about giving their employees the opportunity to travel. By experiencing new places, cultures, and events, they ultimately will grow as individuals and professionals. In the management training program at the Indy-based firm, personal growth is a key factor to their employees’ success. Recently the entire team traveled to Miami Florida for a sunny getaway. Hear all about the trip through Ashley Beuoy’s eyes!
On the flight from Indianapolis to Miami, Ashley says she spent most of the time watching Grey’s Anatomy on her iPad. Unfortunately, she only had time to download one episode so she watched it on repeat! (Good thing Grey’s is amazing!) She also said that it was nice to just have some down time and relax with her coworkers while traveling.
In addition to getting some much-needed sun while in Miami, the Elite Consulting Group team had the chance to visit with some Floridian customers. So, to clarify… they got a free trip to Miami and had the chance to work and make money while they were there. And in case you were wondering… there was no Polar Vortex in Florida. Bonus!
Ashley said it was awesome to learn a lot from the Miami team. One of her biggest takeaways was that being consistent with her actions will lead to more consistent results. She also learned to relax more with customers. It’s easy to get nervous in front of customers, especially when new to an industry, but ultimately it comes down to just talking to people and shouldn’t be over-thought.
As for her favorite aspect of the trip, this is what she had to say:
“Bonding with my co-workers was the best part. They are all such amazing, kind people and I loved getting to know them more. We stayed in a house together all week which gave us the opportunity to just hang out outside of work and have some fun together. For me personally, enjoying the people you work with is a huge part of any job. Jobs can quickly become unbearable if you can’t get along with your co-workers. I’m thankful for them and this amazing opportunity we all get to experience together.”
Learn more about Elite Consulting Group by following them on LinkedIn.
Have you ever thought about the meaning of the word elite? We have, of course! To be elite means to be the best and represent the best. It’s not something you achieve overnight. The only way to become great is to master a set of daily, weekly, and monthly habits. With the right tenacity, self-discipline and excitement, you, too can become elite!
Here, Elite Consulting Group will share 5 simple tips to become elite:
- Compete against yourself, not others. Becoming great is all about gradual self-improvement. Focus on improving your personal best each day. Don’t worry about what the guy is doing next to you. You don’t know when he started his journey and how long it has taken him to achieve mastery. Concentrate on becoming a progressively better version of yourself and you will become elite!
- Read a minimum of one new book every month. Part of becoming the best is absorbing new knowledge. You can’t expect to grow if you don’t expose yourself to anything new. Be sure to read books that will help you in your career, but also be sure to read a few books that are way outside your comfort zone! Developing a reading habit or hobby is a great way to get on the right path to becoming elite.
- Keep a schedule for everything. We’re each only given 24 hours in a day, so use each hour wisely! You should schedule everything from meetings, customer appointments, to the time you spend relaxing on the couch! Be sure to start building your schedule with the “big rocks,” or the most important elements of your week. Then fill in the smaller, lower-priority items afterwards. You’ll be amazed by how much more productive you become when you keep a tight schedule!
- Write down your goals. If you don’t write down your goals, you will simply not become one of the elite. Successful people think about what they want to achieve, and then take the additional step of taking pen to paper. It’s important to outline the specifics of what you want to achieve and by when. Remember to make use of “SMART” goals that are specific, measurable, attainable, revisable, and time-bound! Don’t hesitate to share your goals with your friends, family and colleagues. The more people there are to hold you accountable, the better!
- Surround yourself with positive people. It’s very hard to become one of the elite if you don’t surround yourself with elite. You will naturally start to mimic the behaviors and mentalities of the people you spend the most time with. If other peoples’s qualities are going to inevitably rub off on you, don’t you want to control what those qualities are? Find people who practice some of the items we’ve listed here, and you’ll already be on your way to becoming elite!
Connect with our Indianapolis-based firm, Elite Consulting Group!
Instagram | Pinterest | Crunchbase | Manta | Flickr | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr